Friday, May 6, 2011

W is for "Wits End"

If I have any wits left I believe yesterday I was at the end of them. lol

Thank God for new days, answered prayers and creative solutions. While I may still be a few wits shy of a full wit load, (If you know me personally-yes, that was supposed to be funny.) this morning two words pierced my morning brain fog. Those two words were "Teaching Textbooks". Long story-but it made sense to me.

Yesterday, I found myself saying, "I've done what I can. I don't know what else to do. The only thing I can do now is..." Isn't that some of the scariest language ever put together? Of course, it could have been worse. I could have been saying, "I can't..." or "I'm done!" but somewhere in the back of my mind a couple of tiny questions appeared. "Have I really tried everything to get this on track? Was I absolutely sure the ultimatum was actually the best option?

I couldn't answer yes to either of those questions but I couldn't actually think of any other options. I'd like to say I prayed about it but other than putting my trust in God I didn't really put it out there for Him, this time.

Yet, this morning He gave me something new to consider. Also, today, there has been a noticeable shift of the problem towards the right direction and after a couple of tests, I was able to see that the situation is not as dire as I thought it was. This is good.

I can see an opening-a window perhaps, but the light is shining through that opening and the (son)shine feels great.

It's spring. It isn't raining at the moment...so throw open the windows and open the doors of your life and let the Son shine in.

May God bless your day!
JulieD

No comments:

Post a Comment