Monday, May 2, 2011

A-Z is now Z-A

I didn't make the deadline for the A-Z challenge. I could get upset with myself for not meeting this goal but I'm not upset. If the new challenge (Z-A for May) hadn't been started I would have continued with the A-Z challenge until I finished it.

For me this challenge was and is about developing a skill and being dedicated to an outcome of consistency. The deadline and the daily prompt were things set in place to help me meet the real goals.

Technically, I made it to the letter "R". I made 18 posts in April 2011. That is something worth celebrating. In 2009,(highest number of posts/year) I made a total of 23 posts. I would say my rate of dedication and consistency has improved because of the challenge.

If I were to get bogged down in the details and the fact that I didn't finish all of the posts, I would have missed the fact that I met the main goals.

When you set goals do you get bogged down in the details and beat yourself up over the little things or do recognize your accomplishments and give yourself permission to try again or keep going?

The new challenge is to write a daily post M-Sat with the first post starting today with something related to "Z" and going to "A" by the end of May.

I do hope you will continue to read along. One unexpected but wonderful result of the challenge has been that I have found that I enjoy writing these blogs.

My "Z" post will be coming soon!

God Bless!
JulieD

4 comments:

  1. Julie, , we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to see your Z to A post..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed visiting during the Challenge. Good to meet you. Congrats on finishing (close enough). I’m looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the A to Z boat this year completely! Maybe next year. But I am reflecting on what it was about because I jumped in to read those who were participating.

    http://writegame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete