Tuesday, January 28, 2014

God's House: Day 2 Write for Christ

I had a rough night last night. I woke up around 3 a.m. and never could get back to sleep. I tried to write down what was on my mind so that I could deal with it later. That didn't work. I tried shifting my focus to being with Jesus. That was calming but sleep still did not come. I was convinced that I needed to write down these ideas and then give them to a particular person today. After a couple of hours of this mind debate, I did get up and create a presentation but it never made it to the person. Roadblocks or divine intervention? I don't know. 

So, I guess I’ll share a bit with you today.

Part of the presentation was the following joke and the riddle I shared yesterday.  I suppose this will seem rather random to you, the readers. For that I apologize and I believe in a day or so I will be able to regain a better focus on the contents of this blog.

For now, here is a bit of humor for your enjoyment. Please laugh.

A thief broke into a home and as he went about his goal of stealing things he heard a voice. The voice said, “Jesus is watching you.” At first he ignored the voice but the voice kept repeating over and over, “Jesus is watching you.” Finally, the thief knowing this voice didn’t pose a threat but curious about its origins and also wanting to silence it if possible, he turned on a flashlight.  He pointed in the direction of the voice and he saw a parrot. The parrot repeated, “Jesus is watching you.”

The thief chuckled and mocked the parrot, “Well then little bird, who are you, Jesus?”

The bird replied, “I’m Moses. Jesus is watching you.”

The thief started looking around for Jesus thinking it was a picture or a statue. However, what he failed to consider but soon discovered was that a family that would name their parrot Moses might also name their pit bull, Jesus.

Thieves, a Pit Bull and Parrots

Most of the time I have trouble remembering jokes however, this one reminds me of God and it ties into the issues I am facing now.

In the houses of our lives, we have thieves who break in and attempt to steal our most precious commodities including our time, our passions, our faith and ultimately our souls. While we can’t change the fact that evil exists and that some will choose to make wrong choices, we do have a pit bull to protect us-Jesus. In the scenario of the riddle the house is God’s house (all things belong to God) and he has positioned Jesus to protect us and to help us. We need not fear. Our position is to point to Jesus. We do this by pointing “faith” out to each other, the thieves and the world.  We can say calmly, confidently and with trust and love that Jesus is watching us. All is well.

I’m signing off for the night. May God’s peace be with you. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment