Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Hawk-Write for Christ Day 5



I have started this post four times now. I have prayed for words to write that would be worthy of dedicating to God. Yet, I feel like I will never find those words. I will never fully be able to capture what it means to love God or to be loved by Him nor find a way to share that with you. Images of life experiences flash through my mind and I can’t seem to grasp even one that can encompass even one second of the reality of all mankind loved by God. The images of humanity haunt my thoughts.

So it comes down to this. I have a picture of a hawk taken by my daughter. The hawk had discovered it was being watched and had changed its focus and turned its head. Its clear gaze was directed at my daughter and for a moment it appeared as if the hawk was weighing its options.  Ignore? Fly? Attack? Acknowledge? Accept as no threat?

So it is with each of us and God. Like the hawk upon a branch surveying a field to find that which we think we need to survive, suddenly something happens and our focus shifts.  Forgotten is the field, for what happens is recognition, options open up and we see that God is seeing us as if we each are the definition of beauty, strength and grace. 

How will we respond? Will we ignore Him? Flee from Him? Attack Him? Acknowledge and accept His loving gaze?

I have no riddles or jokes today.  I have a prayer for you.

“May you see how God sees you and may you know that you are loved. Amen.”

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment