Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 6 Write for Christ: Oh Wonderful Light!



Over the last couple of days there have been some interesting “God instances”.  One of them was that instead of writing I felt inspired to finish an art project that I had been working on for about a month.  It was also the deadline for our family art competition and I wanted to have at least something to show.

On Saturday, I spent a couple of hours in the morning getting photographs developed and then I spent the afternoon mounting them on a board, gluing them in place and covering them with a polyurethane coating.  Later in the evening I finally finished and left the two pieces to dry.

Sunday morning we went to Mass and it was Candlemas.  On this day, candles are blessed and lit to symbolize that Jesus is the light of the world. My art project was primarily a collection of images of a candle we used for a Christmas decoration.

Pretty cool, eh?

I’ve named the project, “It’s a Wonderful Light!”

Peace and Blessings! May the Light of Christ shine upon you and through you today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment