Monday, December 1, 2014

100th Post: O Breath of My Soul



This is my 100th post on this blog. That is hard to believe. At times, I have abandoned this blog, knowing only a few will ever read it and at other times I am compelled to write here, unconcerned with who or how many will stop by. It is that sense of writing that I enjoy- writing not to be heard, not to share, not to quantify or qualify but instead to uncover, or reveal if only to myself-my self, my insights into the day that God has given me.

So which is this post-a sharing to be heard or a revelation of who I am to myself? I don't know. I suppose it is both. I wrote this poem some time ago and today I stumbled upon this file tucked away in a folder and I felt compelled to post it...perhaps, it is something someone somewhere also needs to hear.  It is still a work in progress but here it is as it is now. 

 

O Breath to My Soul

 Written by Julie D. (me) revised on 7-3-19 but still a work in progress

 

Where is the breath that gives life to my soul?
I have not found it hidden in the titles I hold
Or in the places I’ve been or have been compelled to go
Nor have I found it trenched in the duties of my day
Or in any of the games that I’ve been enticed to play.
Where then shall I find this elusive breath
The passion that is life itself?
Oh where, is the breath that gives life to my soul?

O Child, see, listen, hear
The answer is all around you, within you, beside you
Closer than the breath that keeps you near
It is in the light that filters through colored leaves as they are tossed by the wind
And fall from the trees
it is in the patience and constancy of the skies
 especially the tumultuous storms that will as all, pass by
It is in the still, quiet whispers of your heart
Take care not to bury them with worries, hurts and false starts

No, The answer is not in your doubts and fears or what you are or do.

Be still, o’ child, be still. Come here.

It is beyond what you see, feel and hear.
You do not have to seek to find it or work or beg
It is a gift I give to you , a gift to explore, a gift that grows

Be still and you will find the wrappings and untie the bow

And you will know

And you will know

This is who you were meant to be
Where all is well with you and me
Passion is not what you do or can do
But the love with which you do it.

Likewise the breath to your soul comes and goes
A flowing, seamless expression of love
 It weaves through your life
As an endless ribbon from above. through all

Breathe in my love, in and out
I give you, the breath of My soul.

Now go and live! Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment