Thursday, December 4, 2014

Everything Has Changed

The ordinary in the day, no longer exists. It is gone. Gone and replaced. It is as if the ordinary day, a flat,simple, white plane has converted into a marvelous, colorful and animated multidimensional event. It is difficult to comprehend and take it all in.

When I embarked upon the journey that led to this point,I expected there to be a change in me. There was a change but what I didn't expect was the depth, width and the breadth of that change. Words alone can't explain or describe this change because it is in layers upon layers of time and life. I can tell you this, if you choose to sincerely enter upon this journey your life will change.

Up until a few months ago,  I considered myself to have a strong and solid faith life. I believed in God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit and the teachings of my religion were rooted in my faith and beliefs and I tried to live that faith. I can't say that I was always good at that living it out part but I did try.

While I believed I had a good relationship with God and felt His presence in my life, I had only a somewhat superficial relationship with Mary, the Mother of God. I knew about Mary and I loved praying the Rosary and acknowledged the vast difference between days when I prayed the Rosary compared to the days I didn't and I knew about Her role in the life of Jesus. However, one day, I asked Jesus about His Mother and that conversation led to me saying something like, "Jesus, if you want me to know your Mother better then You will need to lead me to her and show me how..."

He answered. He led me to Her. He showed me how and now, everything has changed. My heart is filled with joy and gratitude.

It's like this.

If you have a good relationship with someone and they love and have a good relationship with their family, then at some point in time you will want to meet and come to know and love their family, as well. Jesus loves Mary, His Mother. I had the opportunity to enter into a deeper relationship with Her, I took that opportunity and everything changed. I see and experience God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit differently-what a blessing!

For me, this opportunity came in the form of a self-directed retreat that started via a book called 33 Days to Morning Glory. My retreat ended on October 7th with a consecration to Jesus though Mary. The friendship and relationship I have started with Mary and Jesus continues to grow. I am reading and going through the book that 33 Days to Morning Glory was based on and I am being drawn into a deeper faith. Thanks be to God. Everything has changed. Thanks be to God.

Peace!
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment