Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Be Still: WFC7 (Write for Christ Day 7)

Be Still: Write for Christ Day7

Psalm 46:10 NIV
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”

This has been one of the messages that God has sent me over and over for about two years now. Some days I get it right and I can sit back and trust that whatever is going on is in capable and loving hands. On other days, I have been known to think I can handle it on my own.

Today, I read a reflection that started with "My Peace is like a shaft of golden Light shining on you continuously." I love that image. I took a moment to stand in the sunshine and pray this afternoon. It felt amazing. Taking a moment to rest in God in the sunshine, I felt recharged and renewed. My afternoon has gone by smoothly and I've been able to check several things off of my to do list.

I have found that for me to "Be Still" that I simply must trust God to handle the details especially the ones I think I know how to handle. It doesn't mean that I shouldn't be active and participate in things but that I put whatever I do and any decisions, concerns and problems related with that involvement (including whether or not to get involved) in God's hands. When I have done that I have felt the peace from His golden Light.

Does this imply that we should just absorb or bask in the light? I don't think so. I believe that we should strive to reflect that light/peace in our lives with our words, thoughts and actions.

May the golden shaft of God's light and peace be upon you, your families and all you know and meet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment