Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Shards in Our Steps



You do not know the broken shards that fill and form my steps, nor where my steps are being led but do we not walk together? And though I do not know the brokenness in your steps, are not our journeys the same? 

Do we not both forge our paths through night and day one step at a time?

Then let us not be tempted to turn back, or turn away, let us then together go forward looking not at the steps but at who calls us by name. Let us seek the path to Him.  Let us keep our focus on what is good and right, not down-for if we gaze too long on the brokenness that may be all we will see and then we will miss the call, the beauty, the hope, the love…

You know this to be true that the broken shards in our steps are fragile. Indeed, when we find the courage to take another step those shards will be shattered. More importantly, those broken and shattered pieces in the light and warmth of love will melt away. Know that I Am is with you and others, like me walk beside you, before you and behind you. 

Look up. Look now. It is the only way to see the path and to avoid walking in circles. Please... I need you to look...for though I am looking from here...I can not see the path clearly by myself.

Perhaps, you see me more like a dog instead of a companion, though in His eyes we are equal, then look up for those who follow our steps.  They are our children....all of them-the young, the old. We must lead them to Him. If our focus is on our own broken shards, we will all get lost. Look up.

If not for me, or the children, then look up for yourself. Though I do not see the path clearly, I do see trees and an edge of a cliff and even a snake or two.  The next step that you take is very important. Please, look up. 

You are needed and loved.  Forget the shards of brokenness in the steps of your past. Look up and take a step forward. That's all I ask.
 
***

No comments:

Post a Comment