Wednesday, July 3, 2019

To Love More

A strange thought occurred to me recently- When I consider the people that I love, and I mean really love to the best of my capability to love, God loves them to an infinite magnitude more.I can't comprehend the enormous love God has for the people I love but I have no trouble believing they are loved that much.

This leads me to the following:
If God loves them more, then there must be a way to love others more. How do I love the people I already love more?

If I lean towards judging them, I pray for them. If I lean towards anger or resentment, I forgive them.

If I lean towards undermining or retaliating towards them, I look for the good that is in them or at their talents and gifts and/or the good they share with others.I try to understand what is beneath their actions and what they do and how they respond to what happens to them. I don't have to agree with all they do and may even have to help them with a more appropriate way to respond but I work with them and with where they are at in life.

Every day is a process of expression, of forgiveness, of reconciling, of growth, of kindness and compassion, of give and take and recognition of the other person's beauty and place in this world. The interactions we have with each other become an integrated and integral part of who we are.

Holy Friendships

1. God's infinite love extends to everyone.
2. I am called to love more but not just the people I love already....everyone.
3. Seek Holy Friendships

No comments:

Post a Comment